Wednesday, May 20, 2020

The transformation of data

I'm starting a new project to really sit down and think about how and why we manipulate data and what that means for the game projects that I would like to get to.  As I laid out the foundations for those projects, I basically came up against the same problem.  Managing state/data.

My other thoughts since we started shelter in place for covid-19 are "on what and how should I focus my energy to educate my 5 year old" and "how do I make work easier for my wife" (im a stay at home dad).  This new project probably bridges solutions to the whole family's problems and it'll help me stretch some web development/programming muscles that haven't seen any use for a while.

Next post will be about fighting games, granblue fantasy versus and will no doubt be terrible because I am not great at classic fighters, and fighters are really hard to talk about in general.